The way I had envisioned it was a lot different. But the more I look at it the more I am getting used to it. The back will be the same yellow/ flowery print that is on the front. In the middle block I will embroider her name.
Then in practicing in working with knits I wanted to make N a nightgown, She has run out of sleeping things already...She is growing so fast.
So here is the before picture.
And this is what I ended up with. I am not perfectly happy with it. I need to do something with the sleeves and the neckline isn't what I wanted, but I ran out of scraps. However I love the flower at the bottom.
I found that working with the knit isn't as hard as I was expecting, but of course I was working with an old shirt of mine and not straight from a bolt of fabric like I would normally do. Also I couldn't get the girl to wear it so that I could take pictures of her.
Now for the next project I love this. N's birthday is this weekend and she will be two. I wanted to make her a little something that I could get pictures of on her on her birthday. She will be a princess for the day, not a queen, that position is already taken.